Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Stuff


Been home for a few days from the Calgary Expo. It was a good time again this year. I didn't make as much money as the first year, but I think that may be due to the crowds being dispersed into more buildings this year for less traffic by my table. My table was in the exact same spot as last year so that was good for continuity and people getting familiar with me. I didn't get to meet too many new artists, so a little dissapointed at that fact, but it was great to chum around with the ones I knew from before.

I still have 2 spots left for the portrait painting class on May 20th-26th. (see earlier posts) I dunno why it didn't fill easier as we have posters at all the local art stores, etc. If anyone still wants to attend, let me know ASAP.

I am starting to clean up my garage studio space, and Marty is coming up next Wed. to help me set it all up for the class. I am also likely meeting with my 2 models tomorrow. If all goes well, I think they will work great. There is the possibility of some great red hair to paint! It will be nice to take a week off from routine and have some real human contact. The students I have met all seem very mature and serious so I think there will be alot of stimulating art-learning happening.

Anyhow, spread the word for me as we still have 2 spots in the class, as its coming up fast!

No comments: