Thursday, October 27, 2011

Panicked pre-Illuxcon preparations

Sorry for not blogging lately, but I'm up to my eyeballs in work.  Since I will be going to Illuxcon in less than a week, I'm finishing up 3 images and 3 logos a week early.  On top of this, I have to get my show materials together, do yardwork, get a haircut...etc.

The past 2 years I have gone to this convention I was just breaking into freelancing, so the convention was an intense few days of research into how other successful artists make this career work. This year, I have steady clients, a large network of illustrator friends and less stress to break ground.  It'll be more of a good time vacation (much needed!) and a chance to plan my next steps.

I just ordered some banners online (they were cheaper than doing locally), so I would have them for Illuxcon and future local events. They just arrived at my friend's house in the US looking awesome! Another year and I'll be ready for the big time. :)


Anyhow, the blogging silence will soon be broken by pictures, podcasts, interviews and thoughts on the Illuxcon experience.  Just wait. :)

No comments: