Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tuesday night headstudy

Lat night my portrait group got together again in my garage for another alla prima session. It's been about a month since we've done this, but it's good to get going again.

Last night, Laura was kind enough to sit for us. I put the lead white away and used titanium for this in anticipation that the opacity would lend itself more appropriately to clean, smooth female skin tones in one layer of paint. Laura is such a happy person, but you would never know it from this picture. I'll have to remember to request a slight smile when appropriate; the pain of holding one is probably worth it for posterity to remember you as a happy person rather than a tired one.



(I'm having trouble with the battery in my photo lights, so this is just a low-quality photo not using the proper equipment I detailed in an earlier post. The result is the canvas grain adds some grit to the image)

No comments: