Sunday, October 25, 2009

Busy week and workshop

Its been a very busy week for me!
I just completed a couple images for Dungeons and Dragons on Friday, and then spent all weekend teaching a small oil painting workshop at the Paint Spot in Edmonton. While I won't be able to show the illustrations off until they are published, here are some shots from the weekend workshop.
It was a great success and everyone learned an immense amount of painting knowledge in 2 days. I found being in a small room with 4 other people over many hours proved to be a very intimate and effective way to transmit an incredible amount of information. In the end, all the students produced successful works, and were eager to continue their painting studies at home. Most of the students immediately bought the table top easels they used, and they all felt very satisfied with making a large leap forward with their artistic studies.

2 comments:

Calydon said...

I've been super busy Mike, but I just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed the workshop, and now that my painting has dried I really like the way it has turned out.

It's rare (for me anyway) for something to work out so well on a first try, so kudos on your excellent direction.

mike said...

haha, now I know who you are.
it was good, eh. Your drawing was great, the rest is just a bit of experience.