Thursday, August 13, 2009

rendering stuff

After re-establishing the pot and left flowers, I replace the right flower with a new one, because it was closed and dying. I add a fresh leaf to the top and also do another quick pass on the lower fabric before I think about adding an overlaping element in that area. At this point the flowers look pretty beat up, and I'm trying to paint details to wrap this up. Proportions are pretty bad, but it's all about making a finished picture at this point. The important thing is for everything to look purposeful and unified. A confident elipse on a too-wide pot is preferable to a wonky elipse on a correct proportioned pot. The painting outlasts the reference.

No comments: